To learn that a digraph is a sound that is written using two letter.
To revise digraphs found in simple words.
Lets look at the table below. On the lefthand side we have some digraphs that you can hear in simple words. Copy the table and fill in some more words.
Lets look at the short vowel sounds/a, e, i, o, u/.
What is this word? cap
The letter a is underlined. It is a vowel. Say the word. Does the /a/ make a long or short sound?
Now look at these words. Is the vowel sound long or short?
1. She went to Downhill forest to pick mushrooms.
2. I saw a magpie in the backyard.
3. The RNLI had to make a rapid rescue on East Strand.
🟧 Listen and write
1. My teacher uses his laptop in class.
2. Is a magpie black and white?
3. A giraffe has a very long tail.