To engage in sustained independent reading of chapter 6.
To identify key characters and dramatise their spoken parts.
To summarise the chapter in a short paragraph.
To visualise a significant aspect of the chapter.
To compose and respond to effective questions on the text.
Lichen = _______________
stagnant = ______________
granite = ________________
1. Why was Michael eager to cross the river?
2. What did Peggy collect on her way?
3. What happened to Michael’s leg?
4. What did Eily use to treat Michael’s leg?
5. Why could they not eat the rabbit?
6. How did they catch the young rabbit?
7. Why do you think Peggy punched Michael in the chest when he caught the rabbit?